Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Geophysicist/Marine Geologist in a highly dynamic role to support offshore development projects with a focus on submarine cables and the offshore wind industries. This role provides broad support and technical expertise in other aspects of offshore project permitting, design, and development activities. It also functions as a liaison and technical contact between various other offshore development functional groups, such as underwater acoustics, marine archeology, and the marine survey groups.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with current staff in the support of a variety of subsea cable projects for power transmission, offshore renewables, and telecommunications clients
- Serve as a subject matter resource for documentation, queries and tasks related to marine geophysical & geotechnical survey, seabed geology, marine archaeology and/or fisheries regarding offshore construction
- Research, compile, and interpret published literature, publicly available GIS datasets and project-specific data to inform Critical Issues Analyses, Risk Analyses, and Desktop Study documentation efforts
- Technical writing for reports, drafting or designing supporting figures and illustrations required
- Integrate and managed extensive GIS datasets, geophysical survey data, and project specific documentation
- Research and interpret international, Federal, state and local regulations on a project-specific basis to assess project permitting feasibility and requirements, as well as prepare environmental reports and permit applications
- Recommend geophysical and geotechnical survey techniques and design survey plans and strategies to meet project needs and requirements for federal, state, and local permitting
- Compile and analyze geophysical and geotechnical data to evaluate and assess cable burial potential and highlight potential construction risks
- Design and update subsea cable routes to client specifications and best practices using GIS and cable planning tools (e.g., ArcMap & Makai Plan)
- Identify potential project and client leads, and participate in the preparation of proposals, budgets, and plans of work
- Written, telephone, and in-person communication with internal technical experts, regulatory agencies, clients and others to facilitate project goals
- Willing to participate in offshore work and offsite travel. Some travel required (5-15%), but occasional field work assignments may be up to several weeks in total duration
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS. in Earth Science, Geology, Geophysics or related degree required
- M.Sc. or Ph D. preferred
- Five years of experience working on offshore development projects strongly preferred
- Subsea cable experience preferred.
- Relevant experience on pipeline route design, survey, or installation will be considered
- Experience in marine or coastal planning and design, marine project permitting, and/or offshore development required
- Strong interpersonal and public speaking skills required
- Strong GIS skills and understanding of geospatial analysis, integration, and data management
- Project management experience preferred
- Must possess solid, practical skills in office applications, GIS, and scheduling software
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, for immediate consideration please submit your resume to Tetra Tech, Inc., at http://www.tetratech.com. Please mention the position you are applying for in your cover letter and include salary requirements. A Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at http://www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: (973) 630-8111.
Tetra Tech is an EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability employer. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
Job Type: Full-time