Major duties will include, but not limited to:
- Review and edit archived hydrographic surveys & bathymetric grids.
- Work closely with the Pacific Hydrographic Branch team in completeting high priority projects.
- Collect, curate, and repackage data to be ingested into the National Bathymetric System (NBS).
- Intern will be using commercial GIS software and NOAA’s quality control tools to complete their work.
- GIS experience
- Major in Geology, Geography, Earth Sciences, Oceanography, Marine Archaeology, Hydrography, Cartography or a related field
Benefit to Intern (Summary):
- Hands on experience in data review and analysis and the associated challenges;
- Experience with GIS software and quality control tools; and
- Exposure to hydrographic data acquisition, processing, and analysis for chart application.
Location: Seattle, WA
Benefits: $800 housing stipend