Closes 8 September 2017.
The Data Exploitation Analyst participates in all phases of data collection, processing, and reporting at a customer site in Suitland/Camp Spring, MD. The primary responsibilities of this role are to acquire, analyze, compile, evaluate, and review data for use in standard products, non-standard products, and/or data holdings in support of mission requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Oceanography, Underwater Archeology, or related field.
- Experience with Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV), & Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and their support equipment.
- Experience with SLS systems, Doppler Sonars, Navigation & underwater cameras equipment.
- Knowledge of products like SonarWiz, Hypack and WinFrog.
NOAA’s Office of Ocean Exploration and Research recently published a Federal Funding Announcement for Ocean Exploration for three theme areas:
- Exploration of the deep marine environments in the US EEZ and US Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) of the Gulf of Mexico;
- Discovery and exploration of prehistorically and historically significant submerged marine heritage sites in the Gulf of Mexico within the US EEZ and the US Outer Continental Shelf (OCS); and
- Novel or innovative technologies and methodologies that could increase the pace and scope of ocean exploration, especially exploration of deep environments including the water column and archaeological sites.
PLEASE NOTE, for themes 1 and 2, OER will only consider proposals inside the US EEZ and the US Outer
Continental Shelf (OCS) of the Gulf of Mexico.
Awards are expected to range from $10,000 to $750,000
For more information please follow this link, https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=295442
Royal Museums Greenwich, closes 6 August 2017.
One year of specialized experience which includes: Participating in the management of sites containing historic places of archeological, architectural, and historical interest and considering such places in compliance with environmental and historic preservations laws; and conducting archival studies through fieldwork consisting of reconnaissance and intensive surveys, test excavations, and data recovery excavations; experience as an underwater archeologist, coastal navigation and ecosystem restoration. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
Closes 24 July 2017.