HJF is seeking a Program Manager to support the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency (DPAA) Labs located at the Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam in Honolulu, Hawaii. The candidate oversees development and execution of teams working on technical projects supporting the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency (DPAA). Supervises teams and projects and investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of technical principles and concepts to best identify and coordinate resources in order to address the complex problems of the DPAA. Liaison with HJF functional areas to execute resource plans and DPAA government leads for planning and performance.
The Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency (DPAA) is an agency within the United States Department of Defense whose mission is to recover United States military personnel who are listed as prisoners of war (POW), or missing in action (MIA) from designated past conflicts, from countries around the world. It was formed on January 30, 2015, as the result of a merger of the Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command, the Defense Prisoner of War/Missing Personnel Office, and parts of the United States Air Force’s Life Sciences Lab. Scientific laboratories are maintained at Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska, and Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii. Currently, DPAA is in a cooperative agreement with The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc, which provides operational support during worldwide recovery operations.
Position is contingent upon award. Please refer to the end of the posting for additional information.
- The Program Manager will be responsible for formulating and enforcing performance standards, assigning contractor schedules, reviewing performance quality, reporting, communicating policies, purposes, and goals to the contractor team.
- The Program Manager will manage the Quality Assurance program of the laboratories and is responsible for ensuring all lab resources adhere to infection control procedures including use of personal protective equipment and disposal of bio-hazardous waste and ensure a safe work environment.
- Provides advice on manpower utilization, workflow, and operational procedures to increase efficiency, productivity, and make overall improvements. Analyzes costs and pricing data submitted by the contract centers to verify and substantiate direct and indirect costs.
- Provides site senior level administrative, logistical, budget and resource management. Establishes and maintains an effective management reporting system to ensure that program and site goals are being met. Ensures scientific and management practices and assurances are functioning properly and that periodic and special reports are provided to the appropriate U.S. Government or HJF personnel.
- Implements and ensures compliance with HJF, DPAA, and Department of Defense policies and procedures for site operations and management. Works with HJF Human Resources to establish program for advertising and recruitment and continuing professional education.
- Participates in the development and execution of DPAA program management plans, practices, and assurances as they pertain to the research site. Performs management studies and evaluations including but not limited to operational reviews and analyses; policy reviews and analyses; special project/program planning, design, and implementation.
- The Program Manager shall serve as the single point-of-contact for addressing contract issues, quality issues, and overall Contractor performance. This may include coordination with the Contracting Officer Representative to resolve any issues that may arise relating to the contract.
- Prepares requests for contract actions and proposals. Assures full compliance with all contract requirements, schedules, and provisions. Coordinates and approves the initiation and processing of purchase orders, supply sources, work orders and maintenance.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of DPAA, former JPAC, excellent communication skills; ability to troubleshoot technical procedures; ability to work independently and supervise others. Multilingual a plus. Extensive experience utilizing managerial and leadership skills. Proven experience utilizing analytic abilities. Experience utilizing accounting and budget development skills and expertise. Excellent communication (verbal and written). Working knowledge of computer software technology required for performance of duties, i.e. MS Office suite and MS Project, and other financial tools. Knowledge of organizational objectives, the federal budget process, office automation; ability to work completely independently, use sound judgement in solving problems, and coordinate many complex systems and programs simultaneously. Knowledge of project management principles, and good communications, customer/client relationship skills and people management experience.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements:
- Level I: Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience required.
- Level II: Minimum 6-8 years of relevant work experience required.
- Level III: Minimum 9-10 years of relevant work experience required.
- Level IV: More than 10 years of relevant work experience required.
Physical Capabilities: Ability to read and interpret information presented in various forms of media, ability to communicate verbally (including telephonically); ability to write and prepare documents in a variety of forms, ability to move within the work site and to other work sites as required.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: The incumbent may supervise logistical and administrative support personnel. Direct authority with the collaboration with HJF HR to make decisions on the following: employee hiring, disciplinary action, starting salaries and merit increases; conduct employee performance evaluations and directs work activities.
Work Environment: Work location is primarily in an office setting; however, travel to locations with austere conditions may be required.
Background/Security: Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Tier I investigation/Public Trust. May need to receive/maintain a Tier 3 Security Clearance.
Position is contingent upon award.
For this opportunity: HJF’s human resources staff will communicate with you only from an HJF.org email address or via our applicant tracking system. HJF representatives will not request payment for any HJF employment application related activity. If you wish to confirm the validity of any communication you may have received, please contact email@example.com
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.