We are expanding our team! As an EU branch of the international Wessex Archaeology Group, we offer an exciting and varied working environment. Interested? Then we look forward to receiving your application!
We are looking for an archaeologist (m/f/d) with specialisation in underwater archaeology.
The position is permanent and part-time, working mainly from the home office. The working hours per week will be decided by mutual agreement and can prospectively be increased up to full-time if desired at a later stage.
The primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing archaeological projects and assisting with project management
- Participating in excavations, if necessary
- Liaising with clients and business partners
- Attending conferences, trade fairs and other events
- Supporting administrative and organisational processes
- Degree in archaeology (Magister / MA / BA).
- Sound knowledge of underwater archaeology
- Customer-oriented thinking and commercial expertise
- Language skills: German C1 and English B2
- Good knowledge of typical computer applications, especially MS Office
- Driving licence class B or 3
- Willingness to travel within Europe (up to 25% of working time)
- Ideally certification as a scientific diver or professional diver
- Varied working environment with a high degree of personal responsibility
- Continuous training and professional development
- Permanent contract
- Salary above the sector average
Please send us your enquiries and applications by e-mail, stating your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date. We look forward to hearing from you!