This position is located within the Department of the Interior, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Office of Renewable Energy Programs (OREP), in Sterling, VA.
At the full performance level, GS-14 the major duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Serve as OREP’s Tribal Liaison Coordinator and subject matter expert for Tribal consultation related to Outer Continental Shelf renewable energy planning, exploration and development.
2. Participate on the Bureau Tribal Working Group comprised of the HQ, Regional, and Program Office Tribal Liaison Representatives.
3. Coordinate OREP activities under the National Environmental Policy Act, Executive Order 13175- “Consultation and Coordination with Indian Tribal Governments” and related departmental and Bureau policies and practices.
4. Support and advise the Bureau’s Leadership and Tribal Liaison Officer on issues related to Government-to-Government consultation.
5. Make recommendations on Bureau Tribal policy and practices.
6. Develop and implement program policy and analyses on matters concerning Tribal consultation, collaboration, and outreach.
7. Maintain and improve relationships with Tribal governments and representatives by serving as the technical lead and primary point of contact for Bureau renewable energy activities for tribal outreach and engagement at the Department and Federal levels, often discussing complex and potentially controversial tribal and related regulatory issues.
The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval.
GS-13: 106,823 -138,868 per annum.
GS-14: 126,233 -164,102 per annum.
First time hires to the Federal government normally start at the lower salary range of the grade level.
This vacancy may be used to fill additional positions as vacancies become available.
This vacancy is also announced as BOEM-MMEE-22-ETA-045(MP) for those applicants who wish to apply and be considered under Merit Promotion procedures.