You will serve as a Historian within the NAVAL HISTORY AND HERITAGE COMMAND.
This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the “How to Apply” section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.
- You will plan, research, and prepare original studies, monographs, briefings, booklets, articles, scripts, chronologies, exhibits labels, and other products that furnish detailed historical background and perspective to Navy issues.
- You will provide historical support and information to high-ranking civilian personnel and Navy leaders and planners in the Office of the Chief of Naval Operations (OPNAV).
- You will investigate and define past events and provide in depth analysis of these events.
- You will provide perspective on historical events of the purpose of educating military and civilian personnel about the history and heritage of the U.S. Navy.
- You will demonstrate a thorough understanding and assessment of the materials and the ability to independently plan and execute the research and writing of historical products.
- You will be required to respond to naval history inquiries from OPNAV.
- You will edit or transcribe historical documents.
- You will collect and analyze historical documents.
- You will organize and direct his/her own projects and may divide the work into smaller segments.
- You will conduct research as necessary.