HJF is seeking an Underwater Archaeologist, Partner Development (Remote) to support the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency (DPAA) located in Honolulu, HI. HJF provides scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to DPAA.
Serves as an analyst and adviser to management on the evaluation of the effectiveness of programs and operations. Proposes solutions to improve the productivity and efficiency of the program or department. The Partner Development Officer will shape, execute, and improve professional and programmatic actions pertaining to DPAA’s partnership development-related activities.
NOTE: As a U.S. Government contractor, all HJF employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18, 2022. Proof of vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation will be required.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of field activity-related partnerships to contribute to DPAA’s mission.
- Coordinate partner-related field activity efforts including, on occasion, high-level individuals or sensitive situations.
- Occasionally travel for partnership development, mentoring, and/or assistance, or other activities as required by DPAA.
- Comply with all DPAA requirements for reporting and coordinating and all plans and results through all appropriate channels.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Work directly and independently with clients.
- Follow all client policies and procedures.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of DPAA field activity requirements.
- Comprehensive knowledge of mission planning, execution, oversight, and logistical support.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the theories and practical applications of archaeology.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- A demonstrated history of initiative and achievement.
- A demonstrated history of working independently with client staff.
- Experience working independently with minimal direction or supervision.
- Experience supporting and anticipating client needs and demonstrating problem-solve skills.
- Experience performing tasks under tight deadlines and managing shifting priorities.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: A minimum of 10 or more years of experience required.
Physical Capabilities: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to access information using a computer for up to 4 hours at a time.
- Requires sitting at a desk for long periods of time.
- Incumbent must be capable of working in stressful situations with short deadlines.
- Ability to withstand climatic extremes, and high altitudes, as needed.
- Ability to backpack long distances, in extreme terrain, while carrying significant amounts of equipment and supplies, yet still be able to perform manual labor for extended periods of time.
Telework/Remote: This position is currently remote, but will be required to work on site upon reengagement. This position can be worked out of either the JB Pearl Harbor-Hickam location in Hawaii or HJF Rockledge Office in Bethesda, MD.
Background/Security: US citizenship required; eligibility to obtain and maintain a Tier Investigation/Public Trust.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.