Here are the links for the two announcements (note: MAP largely applies to people with civil service status such as existing or recently separated federal employees, veterans, military spouses, etc.; and DE applies to the broader public not qualifying as a federal employee or having these other civil service status qualifications).
The announcements will be open for 14 days, closing on December 23, 2021.
Job Announcement # (MAP): NOS-ONMS-2022-0009
Job Announcement # (DE): NOS-ONMS-2022-0010
The cultural resources coordinator will:
- Foster an environment of shared goals with indigenous and native communities and other partners to promote the cultural heritage program and indigenous engagement across all Office of National Marine Sanctuaries (ONMS) program areas, with a focus on stewardship of coastal and marine resources, knowledge sharing, cultivating partnerships, and fully implementing Executive Order 13175 and NOAA policies and procedures on tribal consultation.
- Coordinate with outreach and education specialists to develop and execute engagement, public outreach, education, communications, and events that may occur at various sites.
- Develop trainings, orientation programs, and internal policies and guidance for ONMS staff to create an awareness regarding cultural norms, proper engagement protocols, and the importance of sanctuaries and monuments to native and indigenous communities.
- Collaborate with staff and ONMS programs to ensure ONMS cultural engagement, outreach, and similar initiatives adhere to the practices and principles of native and indigenous cultures, including cultural protocols and stewardship principles.
- Prepare, compile, and maintain reports, documents, maps, files, papers, databases, records, audiovisual materials, artifacts, and any other information associated with the cultural heritage or resources within a region.