AECOM is actively seeking a highly talented Marine Project Archaeologist. The Marine Project Archaeologist will provide support to cultural resource projects throughout the United States and potentially international work, as available. The Marine Project Archaeologist will have extensive knowledge of field data collection techniques, implement marine archaeological monitoring, inventory, evaluation, and data recovery efforts, analyze marine remote sensing data and maritime archaeological data, and prepare compliance reports.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the scoping of archaeological projects and utilize GIS, site records, and other data sources to identify locations where sites can occur.
- Keep records and maintain the relevant State Historic Preservation Officer (SHPO) documentation pertaining to cultural resources.
- Provides regulatory compliance support for Federal, state, municipal, and commercial clients.
- Serves as a Field Director and have experience in directing field crews under the guidance of the Principal Investigator including scheduling work and making individual or team work assignments and leading the instruction of others in the use of equipment, technology, and field methods.
- Supports all phases of archaeological investigation and regulatory compliance.
- Collects information and makes judgments through observation, interviews, and the review of documents.
- Writes archaeological reports and/or prepare archaeological site forms and in making decisions about project alternatives, NRHP evaluations, and assessing effects on historic properties.
- Works with technical field, lab and office staff, managers and administrative staff to ensure that projects meet AECOM quality standards
- Performs manual labor including diving.
- Has ability to perform bending, kneeling, standing, and lifting and carrying objects weighing 50 lbs. and have a tolerance for working in outdoor environments, including prolonged walking or standing on various terrain or marine vessels in a wide range of weather conditions.