AECOM has an immediate need in Pocasset, MA for a short-term, part-time, on call Marine Archaeologist to conduct offshore Surveys in support of renewable energy capital projects.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Skilled in marine archaeological surveys and archaeological data collection techniques
- Performs standard scientific work requiring application of techniques and procedures.
- Detects problems when using standardized procedures because of the condition of sample, difficulties with the equipment, etc.
- Conducts specific phases of projects for more experienced scientists.
- Proposes appropriate analytical methods and techniques.
- Assists in providing advice and consulting services within scope of scientific knowledge.
- Draws conclusions and makes recommendations based on analysis.
- Interprets and records data, conducts analyses, compares findings to relevant studies and local, state and federal regulations to ensure compliance.
- Works under general supervision.