Closes January 10. Apply now.
Scientist Archeology Posting, under the general supervision of the Historic Preservation Program Coordinator, SG-23, reviews and provides comments on the effects of federal and state undertakings on archeological resources in accordance with federal and New York State regulations. These duties include the review of all phases of archeological survey, avoidance plans, data recovery plans and agreement documents. The Scientist Archeology applies the National Register of Historic Places criteria for such evaluations.
- Experience conducting underwater archaeological surveys or urban archaeological surveys preferred.
- Experience writing archaeological reports.
- Familiarity with New York State prehistory and history with an emphasis on maritime history.
- Candidates must possess effective communication skills.
- The preferred candidate will have professional level work experience applying Section 106 (NHPA) and/or Section 14.09 (NYSPRHPL) including the review and/or preparation of Cultural Resource Management (CRM) reports.