Description of Work:
- Treat, conserve, preserve, and document the diverse historical and archaeological collections at the three State Maritime Museums: Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum, Hatteras; North Carolina Maritime Museum, Beaufort; and North Carolina Maritime Museum, Southport.
- Train staff, volunteers, and interns to assist in conservation assessment and treatment.
- Conduct public education and outreach programs – explain/demonstrate conservation methods and procedures to the public.
- Ability to work as part of a team, cooperatively with others is required.
- Good oral and written communication skills for public, as well as professional education and outreach activities, including training and supervising students and interns, are required.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.