Marine Archaeologist – (172944)
We specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental, and construction services at HDR. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and innovative infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams include scientists, economists, builders, analysts, and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and an affirmative-action employer.
Watch Our Story:‘ https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story’
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
- Support scoping and costing of marine archaeological projects with Sr. Cultural Resources Specialists and Marine Archaeologists
- Keep records and maintain the relevant State Historic Preservation Officer (SHPO) documentation pertaining to cultural resources
- Preparing Work Plans, designing research and field methodologies, directing field crews including scheduling work, making individual or teamwork assignments, leading the instruction of others in the use of equipment, technology, and field methods, performing data interpretation, and assisting with report production
- Contribute to research goals, field plans, work products (including technical reports), and resource-specific recommendations
- Perform remote sensing surveys and shoreline assessments as necessary
- Support all phases of archaeological investigation and regulatory compliance
- Write archaeological reports and/or prepare archaeological site forms and in making decisions about project alternatives, NRHP evaluations, and assessing effects on historic properties
- Work with technical field, lab and office staff, managers, and administrative staff to ensure that projects meet HDR quality standards
- Perform manual labor
- Bachelor’s degree
- Meet BOEM Qualified Marine Archaeologist Standards
- Meets the Secretary of the Interior Professional Qualification Standards for Archeology
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- Experience with geophysical survey methodologies
- Due to the nature of the work US Citizenship is required
- Valid Driver’s License Required
- Has the ability to perform bending, kneeling, standing, and lifting and carrying objects weighing 50 lbs.
- Has a tolerance for working in outdoor environments, including prolonged walking or standing on various terrain or marine vessels in a wide range of weather conditions.
- Must be able to be on or function on watercraft of various sizes.
- Specific vision requirements include the use of close, distance, depth, and peripheral vision, color vision necessary, and able to adjust focus
- Must be able to effectively communicate in person, by telephone, and by email.
- Must be able to effectively work in minimally supervised and/or unsupervised environments.
- Work hours other than 8 to 5 which may include weekends and/or night shifts
- Be able to operate a vehicle day or night
- Approximately 50% of travel is required
- MA/MS or Ph.D. in Maritime Archaeology
- Certified diver with demonstrated diver experience
- Marine archaeology data acquisition, documentation, analysis, and interpretation skills (e.g. ROV deployment, underwater excavation techniques, etc)
- Material culture analyses skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with State and Federal CRM legal framework
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
: United States-Maine-Portland
: United States-Massachusetts-Boston, United States-Rhode Island-Kingston, United States-Connecticut-Rocky Hill
BusinessClass: Cultural Resources
: Apr 19, 2023