HJF is seeking a Research Historian to support the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency (DPAA) located in Honolulu, HI.
HJF is seeking a Research Historian to serve as an analyst and adviser to management on the evaluation of the effectiveness of programs and operations. Proposes solutions to improve the productivity and efficiency of the program or department. The Research PHistorian will shape, execute, and improve professional and programmatic actions pertaining to DPAA’s partnership development-related activities.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of research-related partnerships to contribute to DPAA’s mission.
- Assist with identifying, cultivating, sustaining, and transitioning research-related partners for DPAA’s mission.
- Manage and maintain research-related partnership accounts, to include leads, agreements, opportunities, etc.
- Analyze and improve DPAA processes for leveraging research-related partnerships for maximum impact.
- Coordinate partner-related research activity efforts including, on occasion, high-level individuals or sensitive situations.
- Occasionally travel for partnership development, mentoring, and/or assistance, or other activities as required by DPAA.
- Comply with all DPAA requirements for reporting and coordinating and all plans and results through all appropriate channels.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Work directly and independently with partners.
- Follow all client policies and procedures.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of recent America conflicts (WW II through Gulf War)
- Comprehensive knowledge of planning, execution, oversight, and logistical support of historic research projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge of historic research and analytical processes.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- A demonstrated history of initiative and achievement.
- A demonstrated history of working independently with non-team members.
- Experience working independently with minimal direction or supervision.
- Experience supporting and anticipating client needs and demonstrating problem-solve skills.
- Lifting: Requires lifting materials up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to stand or sit at a computer for prolonged periods.
- This position will take place primarily in an office setting.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ years experience required.
All HJF employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation will be required.