Make sure you qualify to respond before you apply:
This position is located within the Department of the Interior, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Office of Environmental Programs, Washington, DC.
At the full performance level GS-13 the major duties of this position include but are not limited to the following:
1. Arranging consultations to exchange information relating to impacts expected from proposed OCS energy and mineral resources activities at the National level or when they are elevated by the Regions.
2. Reviewing of pertinent Federal statutes, regulations, and Executive Orders to determine effects on tribes with present or historic ties to geographic areas in which BOEM is proposing activities.
3. Supporting and coordinating with the Bureau TLO on issues related to Government-to-Government consultation and coordination and makes recommendations on Bureau Tribal policy and BOEM’s consultation practices.
4. Assisting with the preparation of technical and policy documents concerning community and/or tribal information for Division/Bureau correspondence, briefing materials, and option papers. In general, these are documents that assess the impacts of OCS activities (leasing, exploration, development, production, and transportation) conducted under existing or newly implemented programs.
5. Performing the duties and roles of a Contract Officer Representative (COR) (COR level II certified at a minimum or the ability to be able to get certified at a level II within the first year of employment) for contracts supporting BOEM’s Tribal needs.
6. Assisting with the coordination of energy-related activities pertaining to tribal outreach and consultation under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Executive Order 13175-Consultation and Coordination with Indian Tribal Governments, and Departmental and Bureau policies.
The Office of Environmental Programs has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval.
Salary Range Information: First time hires to the federal government typically start at the beginning salary in the range for their respective grade level.
GS-12: $89,834 to $116,788 per annum
GS-13: $106,823 to $138,868 per annum
This vacancy may be used to fill additional positions as vacancies become available.