Archae-aus Full Time Senior Archaeologist Position
Archae-aus Pty Ltd, an established Cultural Heritage Consulting company operating out of North Fremantle, is currently seeking archaeologists for full time work on various Aboriginal, historical, and maritime archaeological assessments across Western Australia.
The senior archaeologist will work as part of the team for both office and field based tasks. The role is responsible for delivery of tasks in a professional, safe, timely and cost effective manner. The Senior Archaeologist position will be responsible for providing archaeological services within regional Western Australia and will be based in our Perth office. The position requires a person who is hard working, displays a high degree of responsibility and can act independently. The senior archaeologist will be responsible for:
- Conducting Indigenous and historical cultural heritage assessments.
- Writing cultural heritage management plans.
- Writing cultural heritage compliance audits.
- Coordinating and conducting Archaeological site recording, excavation, analysis, research and site salvage.
- Presenting cultural heritage inductions.
- Presenting Indigenous cultural heritage assistant and monitor training.
- Supervising and training assistant archaeologists.
The successful candidate would preferably have:
- At least 5 years experience in consulting archaeology (experience in Indigenous Australian archaeology is an advantage).
- A minimum of an Honours degree in Archaeology or equivalent.
- High level interpersonal communication skills, written skills and computer skills.
- Ability to contribute to a productive team environment.
- Ability to plan and execute heritage assessments as well as the compilation of reports.
- Ability to work to a budget.
- High level of time planning skills.
- Valid manual Australian drivers licence.
- Experience in consultation with stakeholders.
- Excavation experience is preferred
The succesful applicant would need to be based in, or prepared to relocate to, Perth.
Archae-aus offers a vibrant, challenging and supportive work environment with continual training and professional development. New employees undergo an extensive induction and training programme.
To take advantage of this opportunity, applicants are required to submit an expression of interest specifically detailing relevant field survey management experience with a copy of their current Curriculum Vitae.
Interstate applicants may apply.
Applications should be forwarded to:
Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org