We are seeking to employ a Senior or Principal Geoarchaeologist to play a lead role in developing and leading our geoarchaeological and deposit modelling offering.
To meet our growing workload and specialist requirements we are looking for an experienced geoarchaeologist to develop our capabilities to undertake geoarchaeological assessment, produce geoarchaeological project designs and written schemes of investigation, manage/undertaken geoarchaeological monitoring and recording, and create deposit models.
The role comprises, but is not limited to, developing our inhouse capabilities to undertake or elements of geoarchaeological work on infrastructure projects, from project bidding, through inception, design assessment, and fieldwork stages. Including production of reports and deposits models to support projects/planning applications, and providing specialist advise and client liaison. In addition, the successful applicant will support the Heritage Team with general archaeological consultancy work, include historic environment assessment and EIA inputs.
- Well-developed professional knowledge and understanding of British archaeology/geoarchaeology.
- A relevant archaeological/geoarchaeological masters degree
- Competent research skills
- Competent IT skills, including the use of relevant deposit modelling software packages
- Experience of Geographical Information Systems
- Experience of producing geoarchaeological assessments, deposit models and geoarchaeological impact assessments.
- Experience designing and undertaking geoarchaeological fieldwork
- Strong communication, and presenting skills
- Experience of producing non geoarchaeological archaeological reports, including desk based assessments, WSIs and EIA inputs.
- Experience of Marine Archaeology, include associated marine deposit modelling/assessments