You will serve as a Ship Restorer in the Ship Restorer Division of the Maintenance and Repair Department of NAVAL HISTORY HERITAGE CMD DETACH.
- You will manufacture and install masts, booms. spars, yardarms, ceiling planks, caulk seams and butts with cotton, oakum and marine glue.
- You will replace and repair structural members such as knees and beams.
- You will use basic hand tools, table saws, band saws, jointers and other shop machinery.
- You will produce various types of heavy forgings occasionally exceeding 500 lbs. or more and using stock with a cross sectional area of 28 square inches or more.
- You will conduct inspections including borings and removals in areas suspected of internal decay.
- You will work from blue prints, sample parts, templates, sketches, or verbal instructions, lays out metal to be forged.