Wood is currently seeking a Senior Archaeologist/Marine Archaeology Lead, for a full-time position in southwestern Ontario.
Ideally this role will be based in either our Burlington, Richmond Hill, Cambridge or London, ON offices.
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team of experienced consulting archaeologists. This position will play a key role in growing and developing the Cultural Resource Group in Ontario, with a particular emphasis on Marine Archaeology. The position involves mostly office and some field-based responsibilities.
- Assisting with all aspects of archaeological permitting and assessment requirements aligned with the Ontario Heritage Act and MHSTCI’s standards;
- Research, prepare, and submit proposals and reports for a variety of archaeological projects;
- Project management, including client and stakeholder communications, organizing and monitoring support staff;
- Preparation and review of reports to meet MHSTCI’s standards;
- Senior technical oversight/review;
- Work with and mentor archaeological staff within the department;
- Business development activities, including d eveloping in-house marine archaeological capabilities;
- Interacting with clients, government personnel and Indigenous Nations;
- Analysis of artifacts and interpretation of data;
Skills / Qualifications
- Professional License in good standing from the MHSTCI;
- Ability to secure a Marine Archaeology Permit from MHSTCI;
- Master’s Degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or related field;
- 10+ years’ experience in consulting archaeology in Ontario (Stage 1 – 4 AA);
- Must have detailed working knowledge of Ontario archaeology with an applied understanding of current Standards and Guidelines for Consultant Archaeologists issued by the MHSTCI and associated Technical Bulletins;
- Capable of delivering quality work in a deadline-driven environment with minimal supervision;
- Able to follow and implement both technical and safety training and instructions;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to obtain Provincial and Federal Security Clearance;
- Must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company’s driving policy (MVR);
- A valid Canadian driver’s license;
- Expert Knowledge of Material Culture such as Historical, lithic and/ or Indigenous Artifacts in Ontario
- Membership with the Canadian Association of Heritage Professionals (CAHP)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. http://www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.