This position is located in Channel Islands National Park, in the Division of Interpretation.
- Presents a wide variety of interpretive and/or education programs, using appropriate devices and techniques. These programs include formal and informal presentations, education field trips or classroom programs, roving interpretation, hikes, live dive presentations or demonstrations.
- Assists with the management of day to day operations of an interpretive or education program, such as planning, developing interpretive media, employee supervision and management, and visitor operations.
- Perform staff duties such as scheduling, training, coaching and mentoring interpretive staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Audits interpretive or education products, and provides constructive advice based on the NPS Interpretive Development Program or similar criteria.
- Staffs visitor center and island district providing information, orientation, interpretation, and operational services; provides high quality customer service, adheres to SOPs, and insures professional appearance of facilities, availability of resources and materials, and a safe accessible environment; responsive in a timely manner to visitor inquiries.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with other divisions, park partners, and media to accomplish goals of the division and the park.
- Prepares and submits reports, interpretive or educational materials, and other correspondence at the request of the Branch Chief. Speaks to partner and community groups and others.
Duties will be developmental in nature when filled below the full performance level.