Looking to start a career in maritime archaeology or heritage in a growing company with lots of opportunities? Then we would like to hear from you. MSDS Marine are pleased to be supporting the Kickstart scheme again in 2022 and are offering three new placements starting in March. These placements will give young people a chance to gain valuable experience in a work environment while exploring career opportunities available in the heritage sector.
MSDS Marine are a Marine and Coastal Contractor specialising in the management, execution and support of archaeological projects in the marine environment. We have a wide range of experience and expertise within the industry from the project management of large-scale underwater excavations through to the fulfilment of archaeological licence conditions prior to large infrastructure developments. We provide geophysical and hydrographic services including data collection, processing, visualisation and interpretation. MSDS Marine have grown steadily since first established in 2011 and are now a market leader in maritime archaeology in the UK.
- Trainee Project Officer (Development Control) – 2 positions available: https://findajob.dwp.gov.uk/details/7895167
- Trainee Project Office (Engagement) – 1 position available: https://findajob.dwp.gov.uk/details/7895165
- To apply for this job, you must be claiming Universal Credit and 16 to 24 years old. This is a 6-month 25hr per week work placement through the Government Kickstart Scheme.
- Applicants need to be referred for this role prior to application. Please use the below link on Government’s Find a Job webpage or contact your Job Centre work coach.
- MSDS Marine is being supported in this scheme by Historic England. As a Kickstart Placement within Historic England’s Gateway, you will receive flexible wrap around training & support to develop your employability skills. You’ll receive 12 free mentoring training sessions over 12 weeks & these include 1:1 support with a personal mentor.
How to apply
- Before you apply, you must be referred by your jobcentre work coach or by using the jobcentre referral link next to each vacancy
- To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to info@MSDSMarine.co.uk
For any questions you may have relating to the Kickstart scheme please speak with your designated work coach or jobcentre contact.