RPS Energy has an opportunity for a Marine Environmental Consultant to join a multi-disciplinary Marine Consents and Environment team.
The applicant will work both independently and within a large multi-disciplinary team, supporting the delivery of multi-billion-pound marine renewable projects, including:
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) coordination and delivery as directed by Project Managers
- Production of technical report and EIA chapter in core skill area
- Marine and environmental consenting and planning advice
- Marine consent management and compliance
- Client and stakeholder liaison and management
- Project, technical and financial tasks as directed by Project Managers
- Project management with supervision
- Business development support as directed by Project Managers
This role will deliver projects in the UK and Ireland. The team will also support offshore permitting in the US, Australia and across Asia.
Applicants should be degree qualified in a relevant marine environmental related sciences or management subject, ideally with a higher qualification and have:
- Membership or chartered status of a relevant professional institute
- Experience in one or more technical area of relevance to marine EIA e.g., marine ecology, ornithology, commercial fisheries, marine archaeology etc.
- An understanding of the consent and licensing frameworks for offshore infrastructure in Scotland, England, Wales and/or Ireland
- Some previous experience or understanding of consent related technical assessments such as the Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA), Water Framework Directive (WFD), European Protected Species (EPS) and/or Marine Conservation Zone (MCZ) Assessment