AECOM still hiring for this post.
AECOM is actively seeking a highly talented Senior Marine Archaeologist who can be based in our Germantown, MD, Houston, TX, Tampa, FL, or Rocky Hill, CT office. The Senior Marine Archaeologist will provide support to cultural resource projects throughout the United States and potentially international work, as available. The Senior Marine Archaeologist will have extensive knowledge of field data collection techniques, implement marine archaeological monitoring, inventory, evaluation, and data recovery efforts, analyze marine remote sensing data and maritime archaeological data, and prepare compliance reports.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the scoping of archaeological projects and utilize GIS, site records, and other data sources to identify locations where sites can occur.
- Keep records and maintain the relevant State Historic Preservation Officer (SHPO) documentation pertaining to cultural resources.
- Provides regulatory compliance support for Federal, state, municipal, and commercial clients.
- Serves as a Principal Investigator and have experience preparing Work Plans, designing research and field methodologies, directing field crews including scheduling work, making individual or teamwork assignments, and leading the instruction of others in the use of equipment, technology, and field methods, performing and overseeing data interpretation, overseeing report production, and making determinations of eligibility and client recommendations.
- Supports all phases of archaeological investigation and regulatory compliance.
- Collects information and makes judgments through observation, interviews, and the review of documents.
- Writes archaeological reports and/or prepare archaeological site forms and in making decisions about project alternatives, NRHP evaluations, and assessing effects on historic properties.
- Works with technical field, lab and office staff, managers and administrative staff to ensure that projects meet AECOM quality standards
- Performs manual labor including diving.
- Has ability to perform bending, kneeling, standing, and lifting and carrying objects weighing 50 lbs. and have a tolerance for working in outdoor environments, including prolonged walking or standing on various terrain or marine vessels in a wide range of weather conditions.