HJF is seeking a Program Manager II or III to support the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency located in Bethesda, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency.
The incumbent will support the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency (DPAA) Partnerships and Innovation team. This position will be located in the National Capital Region and may require domestic and international travel. Responsible for providing administrative project oversight in order to maximize the effective use of resources and tools. Specific areas include: budget development, monitoring and reporting, accounting workflows, overall management of process flow as they relate to subawards, contracts, and purchasing. Works on abstract problems and identifies and evaluates process inputs and outputs to ensure logical workflows are being used to resolve issues. Candidate must be flexible to work with partners in multiple organizations across different time zones.
NOTE: As a U.S. Government contractor, all HJF employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Proof of vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation will be required.
- Oversees award establishment and modifications, including the preparation of budgets and other award documents for the following: budget documentation, award monitoring and reporting, and closure. Monitors cooperative agreement activity for compliance with regulations and adherence to timelines. Ensures compliance with terms and conditions of the award. Maintains archive of documents required to support inquiries by auditors and sponsor. (25%)
- Interacts with project stakeholders by facilitating information flow as a liaison between operation teams, mission partner leads, partner administrators and HJF operations in the administration of subawards and contracts and other procurement actions. Manages communications within as they relate to the successful execution of projects in regards to cost, scope and time. Organizes meetings and develops appropriate agendas, minutes. Ensures the appropriate communication for action items and follows up with responsible parties. (25%)
- Develops and maintains standard operating procedures, disseminates policies and obtains feedback for continual process improvement. (10%)
- Tracks all financial aspects of the awards related to the customer. Prepare and submit short-fuse taskers and data calls regarding project milestones and/or financial status. (25%)
- Demonstrates independence and initiative in implementing procedures for project management and financial oversight of award funds. (10%)
- Provide financial administration and oversight of project budgets: monitor expenditures, forecast available balances, reconcile charges, clear encumbrances, and educate customer regarding allowable costs under federal guidelines. (10%)
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. (5%)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and proactive, with the ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously. They will use sound judgment in anticipating programmatic/project needs, solving problems, and proposing solutions/process improvements. The ideal candidate has excellent financial management, communication and interpersonal skills and data management skills. They have knowledge of Federal funding awards management, budget management, project management principles, customer/client relationship skills, and people management experience, as well as an ability to work completely independently and cooperatively as part of a fast paced, highly skilled multiple team environment. Expertise using Excel and other programs to build budgets and databases is also required.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements:
- Level II: Minimum of 6-8 years of relevant work experience required.
- Level III: Minimum of 9-10 years of relevant work experience required.
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: PMP preferred.
Physical Capabilities: Prolonged sitting and working at a computer.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Assist with hiring actions and budgeting.
Work Arrangement: 100% remote, however, this position will require someone who can be on site at the Rockledge, Bethesda location for meetings, trainings, or as required. This position will support the client domestically to include Hawaii as well as International locations.
Background/Security: Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Tier I investigation/Public Trust and a Common Access Card (CAC).
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.