This position serves as the Curator of the National Coast Guard Museum (NCGM), performing work related to research, education, and exhibits for the National Coast Guard Museum.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Responsible for overall exhibition programs at the museum, traveling exhibits, care of artifacts, security, management and proactively seeking exhibition opportunities outside the museum building.
- Planning, developing and implementing exhibit schedules and exhibitions.
- Formulating long-range and short-term plans for the curatorial operations of the NCGM.
- Ensuring exhibit and artifacts within meet industry standards for care.
- Establishing and implementing policies and procedures for the museum relating to curatorial topics.
- Supervising the NCGM curatorial staff, work to be accomplished by subordinates, preparing schedules for completion of work, and assigning work to employees.