AECOM is actively seeking a highly talented Senior Marine Geoarchaeologist or Geologist on an as-needed basis to assist with offshore marine paleoenvironmental and paleolandform reconstruction. The successful hire will be based in Glen Allen, VA with the possibility of being remote on the east coast as well. They will provide support to cultural resource projects throughout the United States and potentially international work, as available. They will have extensive knowledge of field data collection techniques, how to implement marine archaeological monitoring, inventory, evaluation, and data recovery efforts, how to analyze marine remote sensing data and maritime archaeological data, and how prepare compliance reports.
Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to the following:
- Position requires extensive progressive experience.
- Plans, schedules, and organizes all phases of a major project work activities related to scientific needs, ensures proper manpower budgets and controls and monitors expenditures and progress on projects.
- Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require regular use of scientific principles and application of past experience.
- Leads specific tasks and objectives by guiding the completion of major programs (may hold a project leadership role).
- Applies extensive technical expertise to perform and publish research without appreciable direction.
- Primary author or lead reviewer on major project documents.