The Senior Maritime Heritage Officer is responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of Maritime Heritage projects, programs and policies to support the identification, protection, management, conservation and interpretation of South Australia’s maritime and underwater cultural heritage. The role also contributes to the effective management of maritime and terrestrial archaeological investigations in SA, and manages Heritage SA’s archaeological store and associated facilities.
The role provides leadership and specialist advice to support the effective administration of the Historic Shipwrecks Act 1981 (SA) and the Australian Government Underwater Cultural Heritage Act 2018.
Contract: This is a full time, ongoing position.
- An undergraduate or post-graduate qualification in Maritime Archaeology, Cultural Heritage Management and/or Conservation is essential.
- Recognised diving qualifications and extensive diving experience is essential.
- A current diving medical certification is essential, or the ability to obtain it.
- A current commercial diving certification A or ‘Dive Master’ qualification is desirable.
- A Coxswain’s licence is essential (or be prepared to obtain).
- May be required to participate in fire management and associated duties.
- Current C class driver’s licence.
- Undertake diving activities as per departmental procedures and have a current AS2299.1 dive medical.
- Undertake intra or interstate travel when required.
- Some out of hours work may be required.
- First Aid certificate is required.
- This role has been designated as a Position of Trust pursuant to the standards required in the Australian Government Protective Security Policy Framework. By applying for this role you consent to being screened under the process of obtaining a National Police Clearance (NPC), and to the Department requiring you to obtain a National Police Clearance (NPC).
Remuneration: PO2 $83,152 min – $92,020 max p.a.
For all confidential enquiries, please reach out to:
Anna Pope, Program Manager, Heritage and Maritime
Phone: 0457 502 468
Applicants are to submit an employment declaration, CV and letter of application (max 3 pages) addressing the Technical, Professional/Knowledge and Experience (including Qualifications) as outlined in the Role Description.
All applications must be submitted online through I Work For SA.
Applications close: 12/09/2021 11:45 PM
– PO2 Senior Maritime Heritage Officer.pdf
– employment declaration.pdf
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.