The incumbent serves as a Historic Preservation Specialist in OREP’s Environment Branch for Renewable Energy (ERBE). The incumbent’s responsibilities are to provide professional expertise, produce substantive analyses, and lead consultations for cultural resources and historic properties necessary to support planning and decision making related to offshore renewable energy activities.
At the full performance level (GS-13) the major duties of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Conducts consultations under Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act with state, local, tribal, and other Federal agencies regarding the identification and evaluation of onshore and offshore historic properties, analysis of potential adverse effects including physical and visual effects, and resolution of adverse effects associated with offshore renewable energy leasing and operations.
- Researches and analyzes physical and visual impacts to aesthetic, cultural, natural, and historical resources from offshore renewable energy activities;
- Analyzes and reviews onshore cultural surveys and reports submitted by applicants and lessees;
- Develops survey guidelines, best practices, and mitigation procedures for the identification and evaluation of cultural resources and historic properties, assessment of effects, and protection of onshore cultural resources associated with renewable energy leasing and operations activities; and
- Identifies and addresses areas where information must be developed by either agency research or contract studies.
Note: This position may incur possible lengthy travel related to assignments of the position.
Bureau of Ocean Energy Management has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval.
Salary Range Information:
*First time hires to the federal government typically start at the beginning salary in the range for their respective grade level.
This vacancy is also announced as BOEM-MMEE-21-KS-096(MP) for those applicants who wish to apply and be considered under Merit Promotion procedures.