HJF is seeking a Underwater Project Archaeologist to support the – Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency (DPAA) located in Joint Base Pearly Harbor-Hickman in Honolulu, HI. HJF provides scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to DPAA.
Provides professional and scientific assistance pertaining to DPAA’s partner-related activities. This position regularly interfaces with employees, consultants, partners, and contractors, and communicates through briefings and written products with Agency leadership, U.S. Government employees, family members, foreign officials, and partners as well as potential partners.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of field activity-related partnerships to contribute to DPAA’s mission.
- Coordinate partner-related field activity efforts.
- Complies with all DPAA requirements for reporting and coordinating and all plans and results through all appropriate channels.
- Occasionally travel for partnership development or assistance, or other activities as required by DPAA.
- Work directly and independently with clients; follows all client policies and procedures.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General knowledge of DPAA mission and past field activities.
- Knowledge of mission planning, execution, oversight, and logistical support.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- A demonstrated history of initiative and achievement.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with all levels or an organization to include management and mission partners in an independent manner to achieve required results.
- Experience working independently with minimal direction or supervision.
- Experience supporting and anticipating mission needs and demonstrating problem-solving skills.
- Experience performing tasks under tight deadlines and managing shifting priorities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of DPAA field activity requirements.
- Comprehensive knowledge of mission planning, execution, oversight, and logistical support.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the theories and practical applications of archaeology.
Minimum Education: Master’s degree required. Doctoral degree preferred.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: Minimum of 3-5 years of experience required for this position.
Work Environment: This position takes place in a typical office setting. This position may start as remote but will require someone who can be on site at Joint Base Pearly Harbor-Hickman in Honolulu, HI.
Background/Security: Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Tier I investigation/Public Trust and a Common Access Card (CAC).
Travel: This position will have up to approximately 10% international travel.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.