This company specifically targets underwater archaeologists for these roles.
The Senior Data Exploitation Analyst participates in all phases of data collection, processing, and reporting at a customer site. The primary responsibilities of this role are to acquire, analyze, compile, evaluate, and review data for use in standard products, non-standard products, and/or data holdings in support of mission requirements. The ability to obtain a DoD security clearance is required. Must hold/acquire a TS/SCI with Polygraph. This position resides in Suitland, MD
Duties & Responsibilities
- Processing, analysis, evaluation and exploitation of navigation, remote sensor, and shipboard instrumentation data collected from various deep ocean systems.
- The candidate will be involved in pre-mission support, data collection, analyst & evaluation and report generation.
- As enhanced data is identified, the candidate will be responsible to update and correct data sets.
- Perform analysis and evaluation of imagery collected from side scan sonar, bathometric, video, and still photography cameras.
- Use proprietary software including GIS-based systems in a network of workstations and personal computers (Windows) to perform basic imaging enhancement, display, and analytical functions to obtain, organize, and present information relevant to the exploitation of remotely sensed and imaged data obtained from deep ocean systems.
- Review mission related data logs, worksheets, and reports to determine focal points for the analysis as well as discovery of deficiencies and discrepancies in the performance of data collection equipment and systems.
- Preparation of formal written technical reports as well as oral briefs to report analysis findings and conclusions to the customer.
- Some travel is required.
- Schedule can be demanding throughout the year and work outside normal working hours from time to time should be anticipated.
- Will be required to participate in at sea exercises or data collection missions of various durations. Durations normally are between 15 and 30 days, but can be as much as 120 days. Normal annual requirement is 45-60 days.
- Represent OTECH and our customer by interacting and participating in meetings, panels, and committees within Department of Defense, Department of the Navy, and Intelligence Community in the capital planning process
- Production of various ad hoc documentation & deliverables.
- Maintain configuration control thereby ensuring precise data records.
- Support program reviews and technical reviews of various documentation deliverables.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in a technical or related field. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum five to ten years of related experience.
- Background in GIS products (ESRI) and Side Look Sonars (SLS) processing.
- Experience with Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV), & Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and their support equipment.
- Experience with SLS systems, Doppler Sonars, Navigation & underwater cameras equipment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance is required. Must hold/acquire a TS/SCI with Polygraph.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and work independently and in team settings.
- Ability to pass and maintain a maritime physical. Must take maritime safety training IAW the US coast guard guidelines and meet physical, dental, and regional immunization requirements.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Bachelor’s degree in Oceanography, Underwater Archeology, or related field.
- Knowledge of products like SonarWiz, Hypack and WinFrog.