Learn about the museum: https://www.museumofthealbemarle.com/
Learn about our employee perks/benefits: https://oshr.nc.gov/state-employee-resources/benefits
Primary Purpose of the Position:
To promote the understanding of history and material culture primarily of the Albemarle region in which it is located and secondarily for the entire state for the educational benefit of all people. The counties which make up MOA’s interpretive region are: Bertie, Camden, Chowan, Currituck, Dare, Gates, Hertford, Hyde, Northampton, Pasquotank, Perquimans, Tyrell, and Washington.
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of North Carolina, Southern, and American history.
- Skills in preventative maintenance of the museum’s collections which includes performing maintenance on artifacts on display and those in storage.
- Skills in updating and refining the collections database including artifacts on loan.
- Have effective communication skills, both written and oral with strong interpersonal skills, along with clear and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and work effectively with others and to successfully organize and plan.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, positive working relationships with museum staff, government officials, academic and public advisors, volunteers, and the public.