Principal Investigator – Marine Archaeology
Gray & Pape, a national and international cultural heritage management firm, is seeking a Principal Investigator – Marine Archaeology in our Providence, RI office. The PI-Marine Archaeology is responsible for the management of the technical aspects of maritime archaeological projects to the satisfaction of client requirements and in recognition of professional and company standards and ethics. The Principal Investigator is responsible for execution of research, fieldwork, marine projects, report preparation and content, National Register evaluation recommendations, evaluations of project effects, cultural resource management recommendations, and proper curation of project artifacts and records at an approved curation facility.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have a minimum of:
- M.A./M.S. in Anthropology, Archaeology with an emphasis in underwater archaeology, or related field plus 5 years CRM supervisory and report preparation experience.
- Registered Professional Archaeologist (RPA).
- Experience collecting and interpreting geophysical remote sensing survey data including side-scan sonar, magnetometer, gradiometer, sub-bottom profiler systems, and/or multibeam.
- Experience with GIS mapping, geodetic conversions, and geodatabase creation.
- Marine archaeology experience in the Northeast and Middle Atlantic regions.
- Ability to function as a Qualified Marine Archaeologist (QMA) to Bureau of Ocean Energy Management standards regarding identification and treatment of historic properties in federal waters.
- Certified diver with demonstrated scientific diver training.
- Marine archaeology data acquisition, documentation, analysis, and interpretation skills (e.g., ROV deployment, underwater photography, underwater excavation techniques, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience evaluating geophysical and geotechnical data for evaluation potential submerged paleolandscapes.
This position requires up to 40% travel. Frequently this travel is outside the local area and includes overnight stays.
Gray & Pape offers a competitive pay and benefits package, including paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, health and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan. A complete job description is available upon request. If you are ready to join our team, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to Charity Touchette, HR Director, email@example.com. Preferred writing sample will be a CRM report with applicant as the author. The position is open until filled and we will be interviewing qualified applicants immediately. Please visit us at https://www.graypape.com/our-company/careers/ to learn more.
Gray & Pape is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.