Read the advertisement carefully, open open to a few people who could actually apply.
The incumbent serves as a technical specialist on, and a DES contact for, archeological and historic preservation aspects of the OCS energy and mineral programs. Duties and responsibilities tend towards, but are not restricted to, oversight and support with respect to archeological and historic properties in the OCS environments and possible impacts resulting from offshore geological and geophysical exploration, energy and mineral programs exploration, construction, and development.
The major duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead the planning, review, and analysis of marine archeological research activities.
- Participate as a consultant or contract inspector for all BOEM-funded archeological studies and field projects.
- Identify and coordinate the procurement of archeological studies; manage studies as a Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR).
- Collect, review, and analyze the data, deliverables, and reports submitted for all DES archaeological studies and fully incorporate this information into the BOEM decision-making process.
- Participate and coordinate with BOEM regional offices during Studies Development Plan (SDP) process.
- Serve as the lead for the BOEM Archeology Subject Matter Expert (SME) Team.
- Prepare and review national-level environmental analyses and documentation to ensure accuracy and compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA), and other relevant Federal statutes and regulations.