Role purpose : Responsible to develop and deliver high quality research and content material for NMOQ Maritime and Costal History related to core exhibition development and related activates of research, scholars, and publications.
- The Curator of Maritime and Coastal History will be an intellectual authority in the field of the maritime history, archaeology and heritage of Qatar, the Gulf and broader Middle East region.
- Excellent knowledge of the key maritime historical sites and material culture of Qatar and the Gulf/Middle East.
- Experience of maritime-related fieldwork in Qatar and/or the Gulf
- Good record of research and publishing on relevant maritime subjects
- Experience in museums
- Knowledge of preservation and documentation standards of museum collections.
- Solid understanding of collecting and research ethics.
- Knowledge of the KE Emu Collections Management System helpful, or similar CMS
- Excellent written, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, database software
- Knowledge of Arabic helpful.
- PhD in Maritime History/Archaeology
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience (field work, academia, museums) with an excellent understanding of the maritime history of Qatar and the Arabian Gulf.