Posted on behalf of the MaP Fund
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com Deadline – Monday 26 August 2018
The MaP Fund is dedicated to the advancement of maritime and underwater archaeology and the protection and investigation of underwater cultural heritage in the Asia and the Pacific region, in particular in Australia and the ASEAN countries.
One of the objectives of the MaP Fund is to:
* provide grants and scholarships to support graduate and postgraduate students studying maritime or underwater archaeology or underwater cultural heritage management in Australia in attending and presenting their research at conferences in Australia and overseas. We particularly encourage presentation of research at the annual SHA Conference in the USA, the Asia-Pacific Regional Conference on Underwater Cultural Heritage and/or the annual AIMA Conference.
The MaP AIMA/ASHA Conference Grants 2018
In order to further the objectives of the MaP Fund we are offering two (or more) grants (up to a total value of $2,000) for Honours, Graduate (Graduate Certificate, Diploma or Masters) or PhD students enrolled full-time or part-time at any Australian University and conducting research towards a thesis in maritime archaeology or a closely related field.
The grants will help the successful applicants to attend and present their research at the 2018 AIMA/ASHA Conference. The grant is expected to cover some of the costs (airfare, conference registration, accommodation, food allowance or conference tours) associated with the conference.
Eligibility criteria are listed below:
The successful applicants must:
• have submitted and been accepted to present at the AIMA/ASHA Conference
• be resident in any state or territory of Australia.
• be enrolled full-time or part-time at any Australian University
• be conducting research for a thesis in maritime archaeology or a closely related field
Applicants for the MaP Fund AIMA/ASHA Conference Grants should provide:
* a copy of their abstract for the conference
* a brief cv (no more than 2 pages)
* a covering letter (no more than 1 page) indicating why they should receive this support
* a budget statement (no more than 1 page) indicating the costs that they expect to incur (airfare, conference registration, accommodation, food allowance or conference tours) and indicating what parts of their budget (if anything) are being paid for by their university, scholarship, employer and/or themselves as well as what they would like the MaP Fund grant to pay for.
The successful applicants will be able to demonstrate a strong interest and commitment to maritime archaeology.
The successful applicant will be expected to write a brief blog about their experiences for the MaP Fund Facebook page during the AIMA/ASHA Conference.
See the MaP Fund Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/mapfundsa/
Registrations for the AIMA/ASHA conference have now opened.
Early bird rates are available for full registration of society (ASHA or AIMA) members, purchased before the 10th August.