Closes 3 April
As one of Sydney’s most visited museums, the Australian National Maritime Museum (ANMM) is committed to being a world leader in maritime history, sharing the national maritime story across Australia and providing a must-visit museum experience.
- Ongoing full-time
- APS 6, $72,146 – $84,534 plus 15.4% superannuation
- One of Australia’s leading Museums located waterside in beautiful Darling Harbour
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual with an outstanding ability to build and develop excellent relationships to join our Research and Curatorial team. This position contributes to maintaining strong relationships with the Royal Australian Navy, Department of Veterans Affairs and other external stakeholders. The position holder is responsible for providing advice to ANMM’s Executive on matters relating to naval affairs, liaising with naval stakeholders, and providing advice, support and involvement where appropriate.
The successful candidate will support the Research and Curatorial department to:-
- Develop ANMM’s capacity to establish a leading role in the preservation and interpretation of RAN and/or associated vessels lost during wartime through participation in archaeological surveys, research and training.
- Engage stakeholders and audiences through innovative exhibitions and emerging technologies
- Support the broader activities of ANMM’s maritime archaeology unit by participating in regular driving activities, training and maintaining all relevant qualifications
- Represent ANMM in matters relating to the RAN, the museum’s naval vessels, associated core galleries, the RAN Pavilion and related objects and archives in the National Maritime collection
What we are looking for in you:
We are looking for someone with a passion for Maritime Archaeology and the ability to work collaboratively and effectively to achieve successful project outcomes in a large organisation with multiple competing goals. This role requires exceptional customer engagement, interpersonal and communication skills, and a capacity to introduce innovation to ANMM. You will also be self-motivated with a positive attitude towards your work.
We foster a workplace culture of energetic, motivated and passionate team members who take pride in creating their own successes, take ownership of customer problems and are polite, friendly, patient and professional at all times.