- Work with Windows, Unix and Linux Operating Systems.
- Hydrographic survey and ability to network computers and use Unix/Linux scripts.
- Work with proprietary Hydromap software used to process the positioning, multibeam bathymetry, side scan sonar and subbottom profiler datasets.
- Run Matlab routines used for processing the AUV navigation data and learn to review and analyze graphs on the data quality.
- Responsible for the daily data back ups and archiving.
- Work with a team of geoscientists, cartographers, marine archaeologists and other specialists to acquire and process deepwater, high-resolution AUV geophysical data for geohazard studies used primarily for the oil and gas industry.
- The position requires between 120 and 150 field days; time between field assignments will be spent in the office following up with any project data editing or specific post-processing requirements.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.