Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson (JMT) is seeking a part-time Maritime Archaeologist with a minimum of 5 years of direct archaeological experience for our Sparks, Maryland office. This position is project specific with the potential for additional work that could lead to a full-time position.
The successful candidate will be part of an interdisciplinary team comprised of archaeologists, architectural historians, historians, environmental scientists, engineers and planners focused on existing client support, new business development, and internal staff mentoring. The preferred candidate will enjoy a variety of working conditions ranging from field efforts to office analysis, report writing and agency interactions.
A Master’s Degree in Archaeology from an accredited school along with a minimum of five years of relevant experience. A degree is Maritime Archaeology is preferred. The selected candidate will have demonstrated experience leading all phases of Maritime Archaeological Investigations. A demonstrated ability to interact effectively with clients is required for this position.
Additional requirements include:
- Experience working with federal regulations including Section 106 and NEPA
- Experience with the Maryland Maritime Archaeology Program (MMAP)
- Experience working with various federal agencies
- Experience with Microsoft Office, GIS, and GPS applications
- Experience with remote sensing techniques such as side scan sonar, echo sounders, magnetometers, etc…