1) DEPUTY DIRECTOR FOR BUFFALO AND ERIE COUNTY NAVAL & MILITARY PARK. Serving under the Executive Director, the Deputy Director will help provide vision, strategic leadership, and management expertise to accomplish the Park’s mission. One Naval Park Cove, Buffalo, NY 14202, (716) 847-1773, email@example.com, http://www.buffalonavalpark.org
2) Curator of Visitor Experience, The Maritime Museum of BC
3) Community Engagement Officer (Command of the Oceans), Chatham Historic Dockyard Trust, closes 11 January
4) Curator for Education and Volunteers, Battleship Cove, Fall River, MA
Curator for Education and Volunteers for the world’s largest collection of US Navy historic ships. Battleship Cove (southeastern Massachusetts) is seeking an experienced, dynamic professional to lead all educational initiatives and supervise expanding education programs. Candidate should possess a creative and enthusiastic personality to rejuvenate and supervise our successful Overnight Camping Program, coordinate volunteers, as well as direct and expand the visitor’s learning experience to enhance their overall visit. Candidates must also be able to design curricula, initiate education programs and develop interpretive materials. Credentials: Applicant must have a teaching qualification and a minimum of two years experience of working in a museum environment. Experience working with and leading volunteers essential. A BA degree is required, as well as evidence of experience in educational programs and/or museum studies. A knowledge of or interest in maritime history would be an advantage but the experience of teaching other disciplines such as science or literacy would also be welcomed. For an Application Form and Job Description call or e-mail Sue Couitt: 1-508-678-1100 x 102; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; address: USS Massachusetts Memorial Committee, Inc., P.O. Box 111, Fall River, MA 02722. EOE.
5) Museum Curator, Chief of Naval Operations, closes 26 December
This position is located in the Museums and Collections Division (200), Naval History and Heritage Command (NHHC), U.S. Naval Academy Museum (2049), Annapolis, Maryland. You will serve as the principal advisor to the Museum Director on matters relating to the Beverly R. Robinson Collection of Historic Naval Prints.