Random postings of 2012 Field Schools (If you want me to re-post your field school, send it to me)- JMB
1) Northwestern Michigan College Nautical Archaeology Society Field School, June 2-17, 2012
2) Underwater Archaeology off the Coast of Magna Graecia, June 3-17, 2012, apply before May 15, 2012
3) St. Augustine Lighthouse Archaeological Maritime Program, St. Augustine, Florida, June 4-29, 2012
27 February 2012 added
4) University of West Florida maritime and terrestrial archaeology field schools, apply before April 6.
1 March 2012 added
5) The Guam Preservation Trust extends an invitation to participate in a maritime archaeology field school to be conducted on Guam from 16 to 27 April 2012. The aims of the field school are to further develop skills and implement some relevant activities on a range of maritime and underwater cultural heritage sites in Guam. The activities will include the recording and documenting of some traditional fish weirs (gigao) and learning about Chamorro customs and cultural practices. The second part of the field school will involve diving and the recording of some underwater sites (primarily World War II sites) in the warm, clear waters of Guam and participating in a workshop on underwater cultural heritage tourism in Guam.
There are no academic perquisites but scuba diving qualifications, experience and a diving medical is required.
For further information contact Rosanna Barcinas, Guam Preservation Trust, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Course Coordinator, Bill Jeffery, email@example.com before 2 April to confirm your participation (course limited to 12 people).
6 March 2012
1) Lake Champlain Maritime Museum, Nautical Archaeology Field School, June 18-30, 2012.
23 March 2012
The PAST Foundation Molasses Reef Wreck, Florida Keys, July 29-August 10, Register now.