1) Assistant Professor of History, Roger Williams University, Maritime History, advertised again, closes November 30
2) Marine Anthropologist, University of Hawaii at Manoa
The appointment is anticipated to begin effective August 1st, 2012. Candidates with expertise in the human dimensions of ocean/coastal management, policy or conservation are encouraged to apply.
3) Marine Geophysicist, Emu, Ltd., closes November 30
4) FELLOWSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT
The United States Naval Academy Department of History invites applications for the Class of 1957 Fellowship in naval or Marine Corps history for the 2012-13 academic year. Applications will be considered for any period or aspect of naval or marine corps history. The successful applicant will be a recipient of the PhD within the past five years or an ABD researching the dissertation. The Fellow will conduct research, participate in the History Department’s scholarly activities related to naval history, deliver an address on his research, and teach one class on naval history. In addition to the use of Nimitz Library and the Museum, the Fellow will receive health insurance, office space, and competitive compensation. Send a cover letter, curriculum vita, writing sample, transcript, and three letters of recommendation to Professor Robert Love at email@example.com . Deadline for applications is 1 March 2012.
5) Historic Interpreter II, North Carolina Maritime Museum, Southport, closes November 15
6) 2 Archives Specialists, San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park, closes November 17
Fort Mason Center in the Historic Documents Division, San Francisco, CA. This Division administers a major body of archival and manuscript collections exceeding 6,000 feet of records documenting the Maritime History of the Pacific West Coast. The Department also manages the records of the Park.