1) Maritime Living History Instructor, Dana Point, ncd
2) Alan Pearsall Postdoc Fellowship in Naval and Maritime History, University of London, cloes 16 April
3) The Julian Corbett Prize in Modern Naval History, applications due before October 1
4) Marine Zooarchaeology Research Associate, University of Nottingham, Position starts March 1
5) Trainee Maritime Curator, SS Great Britain, closes 5 February, “A knowledge of maritime history or maritime archaeology.”
6) Head of the Curator Branch, Museums and Collections Division, Naval History and Heritage Command, closes 2 February
7) Director of Museum Education and Outreach
Mystic Seaport is recruiting for the position of Director of Museum Education and Outreach. The Museum seeks to expand its formal and informal public history educational programs with significant focus on experiential and digital methods. The Director will take a leadership role with planning and executing strategies to increase the Museum’s educational programs on grounds and in schools while overseeing the day-to-day activities of a dynamic department of 30 staff. The successful candidate will be a recognized leader with a creative vision for museum/school partnerships and a demonstrated commitment of equitable access to museum resources for all students. A working knowledge of current trends in educational theory and practice as well as curriculum development and digital content resources is essential. Requirements include 5-10 years experience, a BA/BS, MA/MS preferred. For an application visit our website www.mysticseaport.org/employment or call Human Resources, 860.572.5346. Please submit letter of interest, resume or curriculum vitae and Mystic Seaport application by February 26th to: Mystic Seaport Museum, PO Box 6000, Mystic, CT 06355, Attn: HR. An AA/EOE.
Eight) Norfolk’s Coastal Heritage Project Officer, Norfolk, closes 4 February, “You will have a degree in archaeology, a good working knowledge of British archaeology and an interest in coastal archaeology”.
9) 5 jobs open at the Australian National Maritime Museum, all close on 5 February
10) Assistant Curator, Columbia River Maritime Museum, closes 12 February
11) Anglo Danish Maritime Archaeological Team, 2010 Field School and Volunteer Opps on the Tile Wreck in the Dominican Republic, 3-31 July 2010, apply today.